Los Islotes is the vision of Developer Lief Simon and his wife Kathleen Peddicord.
In addition to Lief and Kathleen, the development management team behind Los Islotes includes David Stubbs, Robert Kroesen, and Gary Moseley. Each has pertinent experience to bring to the project to make it a success.
In his long career as a global property investor and developer, Lief Simon has bought, sold, and developed real estate in 21 countries. His real estate investing career began more than 20 years ago in Chicago. He and Kathleen moved from the United States to Ireland in 1998, from Waterford, Ireland, to Paris, France, in 2004, and from Paris to Panama City, where they are based today, in 2014. From this base, they run their Live and Invest Overseas publishing group and overseas development at Los Islotes.
Lief has managed multi-million-dollar portfolios of rental properties and was the developer’s representative for Rancho Santana, managing this multi-phase private residential development on the south Pacific coast of Nicaragua during the transition from start-up development to master-planned community. In his role with both International Living and Live and Invest Overseas, Lief has been responsible for negotiating and managing marketing agreements with developers all over the world. He has lived and worked on five continents and traveled to more than 60 countries.
Kathleen, the founder and publisher of the Live and Invest Overseas group, has more than three decades of experience scouting and investing in property markets around the world. Kathleen has traveled to more than 50 countries, invested in real estate in 17, established businesses in 7, and renovated properties in 6. She has written innumerable books, reports, and essays on why and how you might want to do the same, and she has appeared often at conferences and on television and radio detailing the opportunities for living, retiring, and investing around the world.
Lief and Kathleen have built an excellent, highly qualified support team combining resources from the United States and Panama:
– LandDesign, a U.S. land planning company with master planning and project design experience around the world has developed the preliminary master plan. Founded in 1978, LandDesign is a collaborative group of landscape architects, civil engineers, planners, and urban designers that approach projects with unique expertise and diverse perspectives but with a shared goal to create places that matter.
– Ingemar, Since 1994, Ingemar has been recognized as a top environmental planning and impact consultant in Panama and has worked with some of the biggest and most respected development projects in the country.
– Arosemana & Soundy, a firm with experience from New York to Guatemala, from Panama to Costa Rica, and beyond whose design philosophy is a perfect match for Los Islotes. Arosemana & Soundy has designed the town center and the model homes.The architectural design professionals at Arosemena & Soundy believe that good architecture is timeless, not a passing fashion. Their work is driven by a commitment to beauty, propriety, and permanence.
– Alfa Company, is a full-service construction, design, and development group with a decade of experience building custom homes of value on the northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The professionals at Alfa Company understand the importance of attention to detail in creating the calibre of homes, townhomes, and condos called for at Los Islotes.
– F G Guardia, one of the most respected engineering firms in Panama, has managed the permitting process and provided engineering services for all disciplines required for the development.
– Carson-Magness Landscaping, is an award-winning California-based landscape design group that blends artistry and ecology to bring art and elegance to every project they undertake. This is a full-service landscape design, installation, and maintenance group with more than 20 years of experience bringing their passion for art and the environment to bear transforming communities and private homes into Edens of delight, serenity, and escape.
Two law firms have been engaged for different aspects of the development:
– Alvarado Palacios – This firm specializes in non-Panamanian real estate buyers and has experience with all aspects of real estate transactions in Panama.
– Fabrega, Molino, Mulino – This firm works with international corporations and development projects.
Get in touch with someone from our Los Islotes team here.